Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2 weeks old

Yesterday was Mia's 2-week birthday.  It's safe to say life has changed a TON in the last couple weeks!  But all for the better, of course.  Miss Mia is doing much better with feeding, and she's really a pretty good sleeper.  And now that I've gotten out the baby sling, we are hands free during the day!  That has made a huge difference in our daytime routine!  I can actually do laundry or load the dishwasher or even take Chloe for a walk now that we're mobile. 


Daddy with Mia in the sling
A couple of fun tidbits for this week:
  • At her 2 week appointment, Mia weighed 7 lbs 8 oz...because the dr. wants her to be back up to her birth weight, we are going to try to "fatten up" her milk by "fattening up" her momma (that's me).  The dr. told me to be eating more red meat, especially ribeyes and filets 2-3 times a week...I think we can handle that!  Postpartum diet...out the window!!
  • She still hates baths...and to prove that, she peed on me after her bath today.  I was trying to calm her down after the hysterics she put on while in the water, and before I could get a diaper on her, she peed on my shirt.  It's a good thing she's so cute...I just can't be mad at her!
  • She really likes the sling.  Anytime we need to calm her down, put her in that and walk around and BOOM - she is out.  Great invention!  Will recommend it (the Moby Wrap) to all my new mommy friends! 
  • Her daddy misses her during the day...when he gets home, all he wants to do is hold her. I think I may relegate bath duty to him...getting screamed at and peed on a few times may help cure that!

    Tummy time on the boppy
  • Wide awake

1 comment:

  1. Love her! It was so good to see you guys this past weekend! I always wish we had more time together! Mia is adorable and you guys look great! Thanks for all the clothes - I now have a relatively full closet of maternity gear...which is good timing because my beer gut is outgrowing my boobs. Finally.

    ReplyDelete