April was a big month for development...you learned to:
- roll over from back to tummy
- find your voice - first it's screeching, then grunting, then the "fake cry"
- eat vegetables - and you LOVE them! Green beans, peas, squash, broccoli, carrots
- sit up by yourself!...which also means you can now use the high chairs in restaurants and sit in the front of the grocery cart
- hold your own bottle
- you like grabbing everything - hair, necklaces, rattles, paper - whatever you can get your hands on!
May has more firsts:
- 1st time to "raspberry"/"sherbert"/whatever you call the "plllttt" noise!
- 1st time to meet some great aunts on your mom's side
- 1st time at a St. Lawrence wedding
- 1st time to eat fruit - bananas, apples, peaches, mangoes, pears
- 1st time to sleep unswaddled - thank goodness...I was worried you were going to be 19 and still need to be swaddled!
- 1st time at a street festival (Grapevine Mainstreet Days) - we went with the Bimmerle's
- 1st time to win "fan of the year award" - daddy's soccer team votes and you have been to more games than most of the guys! And this season was a big one...they win the season with a 13-0 record...GO DADDY!
- 1st "word" - I say this loosely, because you don't actually know what you are saying, but you definitely say "mama" and then later that same week "dada"
- 1st Longview Friends Memorial Day hangout at the McNulty's - get to see all the friends and play with your new friend Mallory
- 1st time to go swimming...we are SO happy! You LOVE it! You will be a water baby after all!!
|These photo shoots are getting a little out of hand...|
|So excited that you like the water!|
|Just chillin' in my float - "Hey mom - get me another bottle!"|
|More happy pool time|
June - you are now 7 months old! In the last 3 weeks, you have really made some progress towards crawling. You push up on all fours, and you've officially taken to scooting/army crawling, especially if there is something you want to grab...electronics are the best motivator, so you now have your own remote that we've removed the batteries. I think it's only a matter of time before we realize how un-babyproofed our house is!
Other fun things that have already happened this month:
- Cousins Trey and Adrianna stayed with us the last week in May/first week in June. You got lots of love and attention from them!
- We went to Franklin for the annual BFE event + Kassidy's other baby shower. You had a great time hanging out on the farm...and experienced several firsts there - 1st time to touch a kitty, 1st time to swim in a dirty pond (what? we're trying to build up her immune system :) Uncle Dustin even came in for the event and came home with us to hang out in Dallas for an extra night before we drove him to the airport.
- We went over to Mike and Sara's for you to swim in their pool and for us to watch game 6...You were there when the Dallas Mavericks won their 1st NBA title!!!
- Your Grandma's cousin Chin comes to Dallas to visit you from Singapore and brings an adorable Chinese outfit for your to wear - should fit by next Chinese new year
- You can now drink out of a straw!
- You got to meet your new friend, Baby Anna, in Houston and stay with your other friend, Eli, while mommy hangs out with her friends - thanks Cath and Christy for a fun weekend!
- You've decided you love Chloe! Well at least her tags on her collar - you will scoot clear across the room for a chance to grab them, even if it means a tongue bath when you finally get them!
- You are starting to try to pull up. You still need help with the grip, but if you grab onto our hands you can get yourself standing.
We are getting ready to spend 9 glorious days in Colorado with Dustin and away from this heat!! We'll see how you react to fireworks over the 4th! Next pics will be from the mountains...
|If you can't beat em, join em|
|Cute pregnant Jenna in front of the diaper tractor that Brock made|
|Nana & Papa think they are in heaven getting a little Mia time!|
|Happy 1st Father's Day Daddy!!|
|Vain already?!? I caught you kissing yourself in the mirror|
|Ride em cowgirl! Trey is a great horse for Mia!|
|"Mommy - was I like this when I was a baby?" - Mia with Anna|
|Who knew your play mat would turn into your favorite chew toy!|
|"Do you think I can get her tags without all that licking??"|