December was a whirlwind! Lots of family time and fun around the holidays.
- My mom surprised me and came in to babysit so Brock could take me on an overnight date to Ft. Worth for my 30th birthday. We saw a Cirque show at Bass Hall, had some great food and spent our first night away from Mia. It was fun, but we missed our little girl! But she had fun hanging out with her Nana. Thanks to both of them for pulling off such a wonderful surprise!
|The best birthday gift!!|
|Uncle Dustin and his new sidekick|
- Mia's first New Year's was spent having a low-key night at the Hanna's with the Bimmerle's and Claire making an appearance. For her, it was just another night, but it was nice for us to get out and have a wonderful dinner with friends!
|Cousin Adrianna with Santa baby|
- At her 2 month appointment, Mia weighed 8 lbs 15 oz (10th percentile) and was 22 1/4 inches long (50th percentile). Our little munchkin is long and skinny...Brock thinks she's going to grow up to be a model...what pressure!!
- She is maturing so much...including holding her head up better, smiling tons (we just love her smiles...it makes it all worth it!!) and doing some fun new tricks...she has found her hands, which are in her mouth quite a lot these days - not just a thumb or a finger, but the whole fist!...she has also learned to roll over (11 weeks)!!
- We also had 2 weekends away in January...both were a blast!
- The first was a weekend in Franklin where Brady & Jenna live...she had lots of firsts there including her first pearl snap shirt (yes, it was from the feed store), first time on a tractor, first time to see donkeys and goats, and first picture with a baby goat (we feel like there are boud to be more...)
- The second weekend away was Brock's mom, Grandma Iris's 60th birthday party. That was so much fun - you know how much I love party planning! So with Melissa's help and Brock's aunt & uncle coming in from Canada to surprise the birthday girl, we pulled off a pretty fun weekend for her. And she was of course proud Grandma getting to show off her little granddaughter to all of her friends.
|1st time on a tractor|
|1st time to see donkeys|
|Uncle Brady brings out the country in Mia|
|I luv goats!|
- We had more visitors come to meet Baby Mia...Brock's cousin Dorea and her friend Wenqi came in from Pasadena, CA where they are studying at Cal Tech. They hung out with us the weekend of the birthday party and had fun doing some traditional "Texas things" including trying chicken fried steak and eating at Whataburger. It was also a fun surprise for Iris to see her niece at her party!
|Lookin' good at 60!|
|Yummm...chicken fried steak!|
Next week Mia turns 3 months!
|Until next time...|