Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Cute decoration at GC shower
Over the last 4 weekends, we have had 3 baby showers...and we are absolutely overwhelmed with everyone's generosity!  We had a really nice brunch shower in Garden City where the community came together in force to give us an amazing community gift plus I got to see and catch up with a lot of friends and family that I hadn't seen in a while; we had a super fun cocktail couples shower in Dallas where the hostesses out-did themselves with creativity on the under the sea theme (have you ever seen a diaper octopus??); and we had a very classy ladies shower in Longview complete with petit fours and silver goblets for punch and lots of little helpers to assist me with gift opening!  We want to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who hosted, attended and celebrated with us over the last few weeks.  We are so very blessed and Baby Mia is SET to make her grand entrance (read as: we're ready to meet her!) 
 

This totally beats any diaper cake!!

...AND with all of her new goodies, we have been able to almost completely finish the nursery.  I'll get Brock to take pics, but we absolutely love it and can't wait for her to get to enjoy it!







My little helpers

In other news, I had my last (and most likely final) sonogram today...she is weighing in about 6 lbs already, and things look like they're moving right along!  She is running out of room to move, so I am feeling more kicks in the ribs and shortness of breath, and I can't imagine my belly being able to stretch any more!  But if she waits until her due date, we still have 4 more weeks...we'll see if she holds off! 





Garden City hostesses
 


Dallas hostesses
 



Longview hostesses
 

No comments:

Post a Comment